1St Yr Syllabus
GARMENT CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES
This subject aims to inculcate technical and creative skills required for handcraft tailoring, couture-inspired fashion and contemporary design for the modern wardrobe. Tradition and technology both play an equal part in the course.
- Introduction to Pattern making and Garment Construction
- Basics of Pattern Making and Garment Construction
- Design Innovation in Women’s Construction.
- The completion of this course outline enhances the practical experience to create patterns and construct kids and women wear with their adaptations.
TECHNICAL FASHION ILLUSTRATIONS
This subject combines technical expertise with conceptual thinking, students learn through a variety of media, considering both the creative core and the progressive peripheries of fashion.
- Types of medium use in illustration
- Types of medium use in illustration
- Avant Garde Fashion
- Design process
- Creative Boards
- Portfolio Preparation
- This course enables the students to present their design ideas to their clients or in an industry by gaining knowledge about Design thinking, Fashion categories.
- Gather, analyze, assess and present knowledge gained through research, in a form of the portfolio.
- The student will develop their free hand stylized illustration for kids, male and female using the 2D and 3D artworks.
The importance of fabric knowledge will be developed using independent research and the evaluation of fabric properties to enable students to select appropriate materials in relation to their quality, performance, characteristics and design intentions. This subject will also intend to develop the application of technical skills using creative drape practices.
- Introduction to Textile
- The Textile Industry
- Development of Textile Industry
- Fabric History and Types
- Fabric Properties & Characteristics
- Fabric Identification, Classification & End Use
- Apparel Industry
- Product Development (Clothing & Design)
- Introduction to Draping
- Draping Pants
- Saree Draping
- Subtraction cutting and draping techniques through various woven and knitted fabrics both in various upper and bottom wears.
- Enhances the techniques information about the fabrics and draping process.
CREATIVE SURFACE AND TEXTILES
The students will be introduced to the various textile surface embellishment techniques used in industries to enhance the look of the garment/ fabric.
- Basic Ornamentation Techniques
- Introduction to Surface Design in Textile
- Embellishment in Haute Couture
- Ornamentation through Dyeing and printing
- Textile Ornamentation
- Textile Printings
- Traditional textile design techniques
- This course enables the student to learn about different haute couture fabrics as well as their embellishment techniques.
- This Subject will help the student to develop the project introduced in “World Costumes and Textiles” Subject.
WORLD COSTUMES AND TEXTILES
In this subject the student will be encouraged to look back into the past in order to shape the future, by researching into a historical genre of draping, accessorizing and beautification of the body.
- Beginning of Costumes
- Fashion timeline (Eras)
- Costumes of Egypt
- Costumes of Greece
- Introduction of Rome
- Introduction to Paper fashion
- Byzantine costume
- French Costumes
- Victorian Costumes
- Introduction to Red carpet dress
- Costumes of Africa
- American Costumes
- Costumes of China
- Costumes of Japan
- Costumes of Thailand
- Introduction to Accessory Designing
- Costumes of Ancient and Modern India
- Introduction to Home furnishing
- Royal Tradition style of Indian and its evolution through time
- Paper Costume: Exploring different fashion timeline eras (Greece, Rome & Egypt). Developing an idea of costume designing in the media industry.
- Red Carpet Dress: Exploring Historical eras (Byzantine, French & Victorian).Exploring Design elements for the Red Carpet festivals.
- Royal Traditional Costumes: Exploring the Indian Royal Traditional Costumes from past to Present. Developing the ability to design an original concept and construct the royal Indian outfits.
- Accessory Design: Developing the ability to blend the ancient cultural context with the contemporary modern context. Exploring cultures of countries like Africa, America, China, Japan & Thailand. Exploring techniques and Design process for Accessory Design.
- Home Furnishes: Exploring the ability to design Home Furnishing product by using Indian traditional culture for modern society.
2nd Yr Syllabus
The student will undergo an in-depth research of material and technical experiments for clothing. Student will learn principal of Physical needs, not as performing gender but as performing the body.
- Women’s Wear
- Uniform Wear(Men & Women)
- Sport Wear (Men & Women)
- Maternity Wear
- Unisex Clothing
- Lingerie Wear (Men & Women)
- Transformation of Old garments
- Uniform Wear: Exploring construction and designing of various types of uniforms.
- Sports Wear: Enhancing the knowledge about designing and construction of Sportswear. Exploring the technical requirement for a particular sportswear, type of fabric, comfort & styling etc.
- Transformation of Waste Garments (Up-Cycling or Recycling):Developing the ability to replenish up-cycle, recycle one’s well-loved garment which is not in use or need of care by adding, subtracting and deconstructing by draping and drafting techniques.
- Lingerie Wear: Developing the specialist skills in design, pattern cutting, grading, fit methodologies and technical excellence to equip one’ in lingerie, underwear, bodywear, swimwear, loungewear, nightwear, and corsetry.
- Maternity Wear: Exploring design development, construction techniques, types of fabric, comfort, and styling of Maternity Wear. Learning basic 3 components of comfortable wear which are thermo comfort sensory comfort and psychological comfort.
This Project will provide a wide array of World Craft or Indian Craft which is an integral part of Fashion Since years. This Project assists in Understanding various crafts, Students are required to develop products using their design skills.
- Introduction to project
- Research Practices
- Selection of Craft
- Research on the Craft (Through Internet & Social Media Sites)
- Compile the data & information regarding the current problems associated with the promotion & development of the Craft
- Search Information for various organization working to preserve the craft- NGO, Govt. Organization, Local Outlets.
- Application of the craft in recent fashion scenario
- Listing Down the challenges related to the craft
- Selection of the product category
- Student contribution in product identification
- Interpretation of Ideas
- Visual Display
- Exploring and developing the ability to understand the various crafts present in the world.
- The contribution of one’s to revive, generate and document a craft on the global scale by product identification & design development according to modern needs.
Certificate You Will Get
Manish Malhotra Online Classes Certificate
UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE - PG
SURFACE ORNAMENTATION TECHNIQUES
This subject will expose the student to the research, visual, creative and practical skills required in contemporary professional practice by understanding the unique fusion of traditional skills in embroidering, dyeing, printing, weaving and non-woven textile, and also innovative materials-based textile design in fashion and its forecasting.
- Language of Surfaces
- Materials for Fashion
- Theories of fashion element
- Detailed Theory and Practice of Dyeing
- Textile Printing
- Embroideries 2D, 3D
- Other Decorative Methods
- Decorative Finishes
- Tends & Forecasting
- The course outline enables to know about the various decorative finishes, futuristic fabrics, trends and forecast and even the latest technologies making them eligible to work in the professional environment.
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION FOR FASHION
In this subject emergent new media design methods will be examined in a board context of evolving cultural, technological, sociological and scientific developments. Student will have the opportunity to develop collective and personal communication skills to convey complex ideas in the built environment and apply methods for crafting the message, presentation techniques and personal Web Communication. The course will address marketing and public relation for design firms as an extension of the designer’s voice.
- Fundamental of Internet
- Cloud Computing
- Social Media
- Personal Brand
- Putting the Internet to Use
- Analyze the expanding environment of media and communication techniques.
TEXTILE CARE AND HANDLING
The subject aims to develop an understanding of how to handle and care for various fabrics.
- Clothing Care
- Care Labeling
- Clothing Decisions
- Quality Assurance
- Textile Finishes
- Protective Finishes
- Fabric Strengths
- Fabric Properties
- Soap & Detergents
- Dry Cleaning
- Ironing or Steam Pressing & Folding
- Fabric performance Testing
- Identification Test of Textile Fibers
- Defects in Garments
- Textile Restoration
- Basic Principles of Textile Preservation
- It effectively communicates the research with specific test for finishes and care handling of Textiles.